WE CELEBRATE OUR 23th ANNIVERSARY
Join us in celebrating the 23rd anniversary of the Miami International Piano Festival as we reach another major landmark in our inspiring journey.
The 2019–2020 Season offers an extraordinary program that continues to reflect the fundamental mission of the Festival–the discovery of outstanding emerging pianists whose artistry, individuality, and voice will continue to enlighten the next generation of musicians.
Check out HERE OUR NEW SECTION with written lectures by Professor FRANK COOPER
Key Biscayne Piano Festival 2020
in Parternship with the Key Biscayne Piano Festival
Crossbridge Church, Key Biscayne
Save the Dates:
(All recitals are at 7:00 PM)
DISCOVERY SERIES 2020
Colony Theater — Art Deco District, South Beach
Save the Dates:
- May 31 – 2:30 PM: PRODIGIES AND MASTERS OF TOMORROW featuring JACOB VELAZQUEZ (12-year-old) FRAZAR HENRY (14-year-old composer-pianist) and BRANDON GOLDBERG (14-year-old)
- May 31 – 7:30 PM: THE MAGIC OF THE OPERA ARIAS AND PIANO MASTERPIECES in collaboration with the vocal studio of Manny Perez, featuring pianists JOSU DE SOLAUN (Spain) and KEMAL GEKIC (Croatia)
Miami International Piano Academy “MASTER SERIES 2020”
NOVA Southeastern University — Alvin Sherman Library: “Adolfo & Marisela Cotilla Gallery”
RECITALS – GRAND FINALE
(All Recitals are at 7:30 PM and will be held in the Aldolfo & Marisela Cotilla Gallery Located on the 2nd floor of the Alvin Sherman Library. Grand Finale at 3:00 PM)
- Friday, June 26 – OPENING CONCERT with pianists from the 2019 Academy
- Saturday, June 27 – FRANCESCO LIBETTA (Italy)
- Thursday, July 9 – ZLATA CHOCHIEVA (Russia)
- Friday, July 10 – JOSU DE SOLAUN (Spain)
- Saturday, July 11 – MISHA DACIĆ (Serbia)
- Wednesday, July 15 – JESUS REINA / JOSU DE SOLAUN (Violin Recital)
- Thursday, July 16 – IGOR & VESNA GRUPPLAN (Violin Recital)
- Friday, July 17 – ILYA ITIN (Russia)
- Saturday, July 18 – Transcriptions TWO Recitals KEMAL GEKIC (Croatia) & FLORIAN NOAK (Belgium) – At the Steinway Piano Gallery / Coral Gabes
- Sunday, July 19, at 3:00 PM – GRAND FINALE
From Our Artistic Director to Our Friends and Supporters
As we celebrate the 23rd anniversary of the Miami International Piano Festival (Festival), we are grateful to have reached a landmark in an inspiring journey that continues to uphold the founding mission of the Festival. Over these years, the Festival has introduced an outstanding array of musicians to the South Florida community, each with recognized talent, an authentic voice, and great promise.
The Festival and the Miami International Piano Academy (Academy), now entering its sixth year, have been a source of inspiration for our artists. Its, open and warm atmosphere has given them a voice and a special opportunity to share their insights and dreams, and has motivated some faculty members to replicate these experiences in other countries.
Our 2018-2019 season was filled with great piano performances and important collaborations. We also celebrated the fifth year of our Academy with pianists from 16 different countries, in partnership with Nova Southeastern University, a great institution that has generously opened its doors to us.
The 2019-2020 Festival season promises to celebrate the mastery of the great pianists that graced our stage over the years in an extraordinary array of performances, and through the “Discovery Series” we will introduce three great new performers.
After an auspicious beginning last season, we will once again collaborate with the Key Biscayne Piano Festival under the artistic direction of Amarylli Fridegotto, a dynamic and passionate pianist and pedagogue who shares our artistic vision, expanding our outreach. This important collaboration has proven to be crucial in expanding the scope of our audience and giving an opportunity for our artists to share their compelling voices.
We invite you to browse through our Festival’s website (www.miamipianofest.com) to learn about our 23th anniversary offerings and join us at several of the performances in the Aventura Arts and Cultural Center (Classical Sundays at Five), the Crossbridge Church in Key Biscayne (Key Biscayne Piano Festival ), the Wolfsonian Museum and Colony Theater in Miami Beach (Discovery Series), and the Aldolfo and Marisela Cotilla Gallery (Master Series) at Nova Southeastern University.
We thank you for your most generous and continued support, and invite you to include the Festival among your favorite charities, so we can continue to accomplish our mission for many years to come:
Thank you for making these 23 years so rewarding for our artists, emerging pianists, and the community.
With Warmest Regards,
Artistic Director and Co-Founder
Miami International Piano Festival