WE CELEBRATE OUR 24TH ANNIVERSARY
This season the Miami International Piano Festival celebrates its 24th anniversary, a milestone in an inspiring and ongoing journey to discover and support exceptional talented pianists. We take pride as we witness their careers blossoming while audiences and music critics acclaim their virtuosity.
The 2019–2020 season ended abruptly in February due to Covid-19. This was a difficult decision but one entirely motivated by our concern to the health and the well being of our audience, artists, students, and all those who, in one way or another, contribute to the success of the Miami International Piano Festival.
DISCOVERY SERIES 2020
Colony Theater — Art Deco District, South Beach
Save the Dates:
- May 31 – 2:30 PM: PRODIGIES AND MASTERS OF TOMORROW featuring FRAZAR HENRY (14-year-old composer-pianist) and BRANDON GOLDBERG (14-year-old) – CANCELLED
- May 31 – 7:30 PM: THE MAGIC OF THE OPERA ARIAS AND PIANO MASTERPIECES in collaboration with the vocal studio of Manny Perez, featuring pianists JOSU DE SOLAUN (Spain) and ASIYA KOREPANOVA (Russia) – CANCELLED
Miami International Piano Academy “MASTER SERIES 2020”
NOVA Southeastern University — Alvin Sherman Library: “Adolfo & Marisela Cotilla Gallery”
RECITALS – GRAND FINALE
(All Recitals are at 7:30 PM and will be held in the Aldolfo & Marisela Cotilla Gallery Located on the 2nd floor of the Alvin Sherman Library. Grand Finale at 3:00 PM)
- Friday, June 26 – OPENING CONCERT with pianists from the 2019 Academy
- Thursday, July 3 – ZLATA CHOCHIEVA (Russia)
- Saturday, June 27 – FRANCESCO LIBETTA (Italy)
- Friday, July 10 – JOSU DE SOLAUN (Spain)
- Saturday, July 11 – MISHA DACIĆ (Serbia)
- Friday, July 17 – ILYA ITIN (Russia)
- Saturday, July 18 – Transcriptions TWO Recitals KEMAL GEKIC (Croatia) & FLORIAN NOAK (Belgium) – At the Steinway Piano Gallery / Coral Gabes
- Sunday, July 19, at 3:00 PM – GRAND FINALE
From Our Artistic Director to Our Friends and Supporters
Dearest Friends and Supporters,
During this gravely difficult time facing the world, we regret to announce that the Miami International Piano Festival has cancelled the remainder of the 2019-2020 Season ending in May 31, due to the coronavirus pandemic. The protective measures ordered throughout the world do not allow our Festival to move forward with our season.
This difficult decision was primarily motivated by a concern to preserve public health, and the well-being of our audience, artists, students and all those who, in one way or another, contribute to the success of the Miami International Piano Festival.
Despite the inevitable disappointment you will feel when you hear this news, I hope you will understand the stakes involved in assessing the risks that our entire society is currently facing.
This situation will undoubtedly have human and financial consequences that will be difficult to manage. The Festival is committed to doing everything it can to ensure that these consequences are as harmless as possible.
Your loyal support is more important than ever. I appeal to your generosity so that all who have already made their contributions to our association for the current year, consider their donations as gifts of support through this crisis.
As we look to our next season (2020 – 2021) we have added dates to accommodate those artists that we were unable to present due to these unfortunate circumstances. We have added additional dates to the Aventura Series and more dates to our Debut Series at the Wolfsonian-FIU Museum.
Also, in the next few months we will launch a Virtual Concert Hall platform where we will livestream recitals of many of the wonderful artists that have graced our stage.
I thank you wholeheartedly for your kind understanding and hope to share the artistry of our great artists very soon.
I wish you strength and courage, as we face the difficult weeks ahead of us, and hope that we will all emerge, stronger and with more inspiration than ever, after this crisis.
With my warmest regards and wishes for good health,
Artistic Director and Co-Founder
Miami International Piano Festival